You are here

How to Apply for Federal Tuition Assistance

How to Apply for Federal Tuition Assistance

The National Guard supports your civilian educational dreams and goals, and can help you pay your tuition. Federal Tuition Assistance (FTA) (as opposed to those opportunities which may exist in your state) is available through GoArmyEd.

GoArmyEd provides you with the ability to apply for FTA online and manage your education record—anytime/anywhere. To establish an account, go to GoArmyEd, click on the "New User" button on the bottom of the page and follow the instructions. Make sure to follow all the instructions, provide the necessary information and participate in the required training.

Note: Tuition Assistance (TA) requests MUST be submitted before the class starts or no later than the final day of the school's late registration period. Depending on the school you attend, you will be presented with one of two enrollment paths. GoArmyEd will determine your path automatically, and all approved TA will be paid directly to your school by the Army upon successful class completion. For assistance, or to get answers about federal or state Tuition Assistance, contact your state Education Services Officer (ESO).

Current Guard Soldiers can get information on education programs by emailing the Guard Support Center or calling 1-866-628-5999.